Chiropractic is a method of manually adjusting the joints of the body to correct their alignment. It focuses on correcting bio-mechanical dysfunction of the spine and its effect on the entire body. The goal of an adjustment is to increase flexibility of the joint and to reduce muscular and connective tissue restrictions. Chiropractic treatment does not replace traditional veterinary medicine and surgery, but does provide an additional means of care for many back and lameness problems.
Some indications that a horse may benefit from chiropractic adjustment include:
- Discomfort when being saddled
- Sudden behavioral changes like bucking, rearing or tail swishing
- Short or uneven stride
- Loss or decrease in performance level
- Difficulty with one canter lead or frequent cross-cantering
- Stiffness or tension
- Injury from traumatic event such as fall or cast in stall
Dr. Conley performs chiropractic services both on the farm and in our hospital. If you have a horse that is showing any of the symptoms listed above, consider scheduling a chiropractic adjustment. Many owners have discovered the benefits of routine adjustments to maintain optimum performance levels. Please call Conley and Koontz Equine Hospital at (877) 499-9909 for an appointment.